Academic scholarships to encourage strong grades
This scholarship aims to encourage strong academic performance and educational access, especially for international students who are not eligible for federal or government aid (grants, scholarships). As a result of increased cost for an international education, international students are met with financial barriers and often struggle to complete their education.
GK Folks Academic Scholarship grants up to $3,000 for the academic year.
- Applicants must be a degree seeking student holding a valid International Student visa from any African, or Caribbean country; ESL program students are not eligible
- Currently attending college or 4-year institution within the state of Utah
- Must have a Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Minimum of 12 credit enrollment per semester in a degree seeking program
- Maintain F-1 Status ( “Verification of Lawful Status-Verification of your lawful presence in the United States will be required
- Must be an undergraduate student, graduate students do not qualify.
- Scholarship applicants must apply online, provide a valid copy of their current transcript to show cumulative GPA. Applicants must also include a letter explaining the reasons why they should be considered for the scholarship
- All majors are accepted
- Scholarships are available for students who have completed two full terms of college/university enrollment
- Scholarships are available annually, however, eligibility is contingent upon current cumulative GPA (3.2 or higher) along with the other specified eligibility requirements
- The Foundation reserves the right to award or withhold scholarship funds
- Your submission of this application certifies, under penalty of perjury, that you are a U.S. citizen or a qualified alien that is lawfully present in the U.S.
- A student seeking for this scholarship must apply online
- Provide valid transcripts showing their GPA for that semester
- Submit a letter addressed to the scholarship committee explaining the reasons why you should be considered for the scholarship, including what your goals and ambitions are and how gaining this scholarship can help toward accomplishing their goals/ambitions
- Two letters of recommendation: Academic and Professional
- Proof of any involvement in the community is preferred